There is a lot going on in the world right now — and there is a lot going on in our home, too. In the middle of the noise and rush of life, it can be easy for our souls to get neglected.
In today’s episode of The Crystal Paine Show, Jesse and I talk about how we’re prioritizing soul care during what can feel like a stressful season. We talk about some R&R’s for our soul and challenge you to think of what soul care might look like for you right now.
In addition, we share an update on Champ’s reunification, we talk a little about the election, Jesse shares a strategy he’s implementing in order to get more reading time in, I talk about a book I’m reading, and we talk about soap and Hulu. (Yes, you just never quite know what you’ll get when you tune into the podcast!)
In This Episode:
[00:36] This past week has been a doozy of a week; both politically and personally.
[03:05] We share an update on Champ.
[04:42] Why we’ve been working hard at helping Champ to form attachments.
[08:15] Jesse shares why he starts books but hates to finish them and what he’s doing to help change this.
[10:10] I’ve been reading The Body Keeps the Score.
[16:44] Why we’ve loved having Hulu.
[18:05] Bath and Body Works Apple Pumpkin soap is saving my life this week.
[19:30] We’re diving into soul care for when life feels stressful.
[21:28] The first of the four “R’s” for the soul is recipes.
[23:45] Jesse shares some of the rhythms that are helping his soul right now.
[25:26] Reading is such an amazing “R” for the soul.
[28:26] Rest is also so important.
Links and Resources:
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Bath and Body Works Apple Pumpkin soap
- Sign up for the Hot Deals Email List
- My Instagram account (I’d love for you to follow me there! I usually hop on at least a few times per day and share behind-the-scenes photos and videos, my grocery store hauls, funny stories, or just anything I’m pondering or would like your advice or feedback on!)
- Have feedback on the show or suggestions for future episodes or topics? Send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Listen to The Crystal Paine Show
The podcast is available on iTunes, Android, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can listen online through the direct player here. OR, a much easier way to listen is by subscribing to the podcast through a free podcast app on your phone. (Find instructions for how to subscribe to a podcast here.)
Ready to dive in and listen? Hit the player above or search for “The Crystal Paine Show” on your favorite podcast app.